My photo
Winter Park/ Apopka, FL, United States
“A Very Brief Introduction to “I"'. Who is I?... I am a daughter. I am a friend. I am a lover. I am woman. I am a fighter. I am an artist. I am human... Am I nothing more than a compilation of cells infused with a consciousness that allows me to know right from wrong, reality from illusion? I'd like to think of myself as a consciousness housed in a temporary physical form. Whatever the case may be, I am me, and that is all that I can offer. Philosophy Major, minor in Studio Arts and an interest in Latin America and the Caribbean. Teacher, activist, yet I remain a lifelong learner. Devoted to the mission of Multicultural Affairs. This blog is intended to track my progress in an upper level photography course taken while enrolled as a student at Rollins College. I invite you to join me as I explore this medium and its power to raise awareness and promote social, political and personal change.

Search (for information contained within this site)

Monday, September 13, 2010

A World of Color - discover the underlying narrative

1. "Youth in Revolt"                        2. "Flux"
 












3. "The Turning Point"    In this series of photos, which are organized in sequential order according to the numbers beside them, color and lighting weave together a 'vibrant' storyline that both engages the viewer's visual field and penetrates into their unconscious reserves.

Color can be suggestive (this is the secret behind most advertisement campaigns). Think about it, we usually associate colors with how we are feeling: If sad, we are said to be "blue," or the classic idiom, "green with envy".



4. "Nirvana"     This is because colors are rich with symbolism. This symbolism can manifest itself in how an individual relates to with their immediate surroundings. Imagine, if you will, how you might feel if you had just walked into a well-lit, brightly colored room. Now compare this to how you would feel if you were in a room that was dreary and overcast.

This brings me to my last point, color can incite, ignite and empower. This is something that I will be keeping in mind as I set out to work on my final project.

As for now, I would like to invite you all to enjoy my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment